Things that shaped me

Lucy Moon is one of my favourite YouTubers and when I watched her video all about what shaped her as a person. I knew I had to do this tag for myself and what perfect timing for the first post of Chapter 22.




YouTube
I started watching YouTube videos about 5 or 6 years ago so I would've been around 15 or 16. This may sound silly, but YouTube honestly got me through so much. When things weren't looking so good, watching YouTube give me that escapism to get away from everything. Even for a few minutes. I don't know where I would be without YouTube, it's been there for some dark times.

Dogs
I think we all know at this point how much I love dogs like I've had a total of 6 since I was a child. Dogs have so much life and personality, they are my favourite animal. I grew up around dogs since I was 6 so I couldn't imagine life without a dog about the house.

Work
Honestly, as much as I complain about work, I couldn't work. Making my own money, having the responsibility of actually having a job gave me so much confidence. I don't think I would have the confidence in myself as I do today if I didn't have a job. It helped me get out of my shell and talk to people, people who I would not have met otherwise.

Kings of Leon
My favourite band, from the ages about 13 or 14. Ever since I started listening to them, they really opened my music taste. I'll always love the more rock, old school and indie vibes in music. Which all really begin from my love of the Kings, so I've them to thank for my music tastes. 

Prince's Trust
2 years I took part in a Prince's Trust programme, which got me through one of the hardest times. After my Daddy passed away, this programme gave me something positive to focus on. I defiantly would not have gotten through it without the Prince's Trust team programme.

 Family 
 I come from a big family. I am the youngest of 6 kids and the Auntie of 7 nephews and just the 1 niece. My family always pull through whatever gets thrown at us, and we don't take anything to serious. I don't even know where, to begin with, them but I wouldn't be without all of their love and of course the laughs.

Friends
I have a very close knit of friends, we've all had our own shit to deal with but we always find our way back. Which I love. When we do all get together, it's just like old times. We just all get where we're at in life, it does suck we don't have as much time now to spend together. Adulting, trying lol

The Dark Knight trilogy
There is no better Batman trilogy, this was my first introduction to the Batman. And probably the best introduction you can get. The Dark Knight itself is one of my favourite films ever if you haven't watched a Batman film check out The Dark Knight. You'll not regret it, so much more than a superhero film.

Books
I've always been a bookworm, escaping into another world. Someone else's experiences. There's just something so magical about it. I've a whole bookshelf tour on my blog, which you can check out here. Books are my safe haven.

Don't forget to check out my giveaway, check out here if you haven't already.

Love Lauren xx

Bloglovin' Twitter Instagram Pinterest Snapchat

No comments