Laur chats: me & education

So since it's heading into that time of year,  results are coming out, uni options are being decided. I thought I'd share with you my story with education. Just so you know, just because it didn't work out for you the first time doesn't mean it's the end. Keep your options opened.



I was always told 'Lauren you have so much potential', it was always written in reports etc, but the education system was not for me.


Don't get me wrong I enjoyed the learning side of things, but I didn't really care enough for the subjects. My thought process being do I really know how to add up the alaphabit to get through life. My GCSE results weren't the best, so I stayed on in 6th form to get my grades up, when I left 6th form all of my friends where heading to uni. I guess I didn't know what I wanted and a tad jealous that I wasn't of to uni myself.

I went to a local collage to start my A levels, but I stuck it for the first year and then changed to travel and tourism level 3. But this time I lasted only a few months, so I was out of  education, out of employment. I was on job seekers benefits for around 6 months, in January 2015 is when I joined the Prince's Trust team programme. Which changed everything.  The Prince's Trust is an amazing programme to take part in, it's the best thing I've ever done for myself.

After the 12 weeks, I was so much more confident which was the boost I needed. As the Christmas before hand was when my Daddy passed away, so it was hard going. I went on to work full time that June, it's been 2 years and I haven't looked back. And now I'm in my 3rd month of my new job, which I am so glad for.

Just because I haven't figured out where I want to go with my life or just because I've been out of education for a while. One day I think I might go back to education, you never do stop learning do you. 

So let's see where life takes us, life works in weird and wonderful ways. If you haven't got the results you want, that's ok. If you got the results you wanted that's ok to. But I want you to know that your options are open, don't limit yourself to do this one thing. Everything will work out in the end, even when it throws everything at you. It works out, work hard and you will go places.

But don't loose yourself in the process, keep your family and friends close and do what feels right for you.

Love Lauren xx




No comments